Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm trying to make a cheesy chicken and rice recipe, but want to boil the chicken before baking it..?

The recipe calls for uncooked chicken and regular rice, but I only have minute rice.. So I'm thinking of boiling the chicken first and then baking it all together for a shorter amount of time.. How long do you boil chicken? Should this work ok?I'm trying to make a cheesy chicken and rice recipe, but want to boil the chicken before baking it..?
baking rice with it together? cook seperately then add when the rice is about done. I do that all the timeI'm trying to make a cheesy chicken and rice recipe, but want to boil the chicken before baking it..?
Yes. It will work great. Enjoy.
Good idea. Boil the chicken for about 10 minutes -- it won't be thoroughly cooked perhaps but will need less time to bake, especially if the liquid is preheated when you put everything in the oven. enjoy.
yup Tek has it right cook the chicken until it's done and cut into the portion size you like and proceed with the recipe.....
I assume that you are using boneless chicken breasts?? If so, don't boil them. Brown them in a pan instead. It will be way more flavorful.
The recipe calls for uncooked chicken for a reason. Boiling chicken removes much it's flavour and in this case will make your dish bland. Baking the chicken will give you a tastier dish, but if you do choose to boil the chicken, don't overcook it. No more than about fifteen minutes should do it.


I would make the rice and cheesy chicken (baked) separetly and combine just before serving.
I have done that before. Just boil it halfway (10-13 minutes?), and then let the oven do the rest. Make sure the chicken isn't too think so it cooks thoroughly!





If the recipe calls for water, you might put a tad less than what it calls for. Instant rice doesn't take as much.





Also, you can always make the rice on the side. Cook it with chicken broth to make it tastier!
Depends on the size of the chicken pieces. Probably 15 or so minutes. I would add a bouillon cube or broth, lemon juice, salt and pepper to your water.





Just check the chicken periodically to see if it is done.
You can simply boil a whole breast in water or broth. Once it's cooked through, just take it out and chop it up. I have done casseroles this way and it's sometimes faster. Also, I'll add in some frozen mixed veggies and a cream of mushroom soup. Mmmm, I'm making myself hungry!
boiling will dry the chickeb out!

No comments:

Post a Comment