Monday, August 23, 2010

I have a recipe that calls for cooked chicken. What is the best way to cook boneless skinless chicken breasts?

Boil the water and when it starts to boil, turn it down and cook it for about 20-25 minutes and it will be done, trust me.. When it starts to boil, turn it down to about medium heat(about 5) you DO NOT want to over cook it, or it will be dry and hard.. You want to cook it on lower so it will be moist and tender.. :)





i cooked chicken stir fry rice last night and the other day i made chicken and dumplings.





and i also made chicken alfredo the other day.. lol.





After you boil it, you can cut the fat and grissel off and cut it into cubes or stripes, however you need to do it.. :) it's too easy!!I have a recipe that calls for cooked chicken. What is the best way to cook boneless skinless chicken breasts?
It kind of depends what the recipe is. When I need precooked chicken for salads I'll just bake the chicken in a 350 oven for about 30 minutes. When I make soup that needs cooked chicken I'll boil it in water seasoned with onion powder, garlic powder and oregano for about 20 minutes. If I want it quick, I'll season as necessary and then cook it in a Glade steam bag (only takes 5 minutes!) Or you could really take the easy way out and buy the precooked chicken breasts.I have a recipe that calls for cooked chicken. What is the best way to cook boneless skinless chicken breasts?
Just poach it. Heat a saucepan half-full of water + a couple chicken boullion cubes (or stock/broth, if you have it) bring just to a simmer, and add your chicken. A stick of celery, broken up, and a few chunks of onion flavor it nicely as well. When opaque and white throughout, meat is done. Let rest, dice up, then use in your recipe.
If you boil it, it will stay moist, so you can shred it later. You can add some of the herbs from the recipe to the water when you boil it too. If you fry or saute it, the outside will be tougher
I would poach it covered (with cover ajar) on very low heat. Keep a close eye on it because there is a fine line between perfectly cooked and overdone.





and, never boil it. Just a very gentle simmer. Otherwise it will be tough
It really depends on the recipe. For lots of casseroles I boil chicken, and its healthy and tender. But sometimes if I want it to be quicker I will fry it in a little veggie oil.
you can bake it, boil it or fry it. so what type of cooked chicken does the recipe call for
fry ,bake, broil, boil any way for this recipe
just bake them in the oven


plain

No comments:

Post a Comment