Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Where can I get a recipe for Linguini with Chicken Livers?

I've had this recipe at Pasta House and would like to try it at home.Where can I get a recipe for Linguini with Chicken Livers?
Chicken Livers Marinara Recipe #156242


The only kind of liver I can stomach, so I'm always on the lookout for new recipes...Here's one of them that I serve over cooked linguine with garlic bread and a tossed green salad


3 tablespoons vegetable oil or extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)


1 lb chicken livers


1 teaspoon garlic, minced (one large clove)


1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, cut up


2 cups frozen green peas, freezer section


1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil


1/2 teaspoon black pepper


2-4 servings Change size or US/metric


Change to: servings US Metric


15 minutes 5 mins prep











1. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a skillet on med-high heat.


2. Add chicken livers and garlic and saute 5 minutes


3. Stir in tomatoes, green peas, basil and black pepper.


4. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer 5 minutes.


5. Serve over hot pasta (I prefer linguine) or hot rice.





http://www.recipezaar.com/156242








Pasta with chicken livers.


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>Where can I get a recipe for Linguini with Chicken Livers?
Marcella Hazen in her Italian Cooking has a great recipe for chicken livers with sage served with Italian mashed potatoes...I think it would be a simple matter to substitute linguini for the potatoes..also try asking the restaurant,,,Gourmet magazine has a column called You Asked For It...they can usually obtain restaurant secrets recipes....

No comments:

Post a Comment