Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have a stuffing recipe that calls for Chicken stock but I bought Chicken broth?

I couldn't find any Chicken stock in the grocery store and only saw broth.


I figured they both are the same.


But I looked it up and apparently they are not the same.


I have a cornbread stuffing recipe I'm making today that calls for 7 cups of chicken stock.


Would it still be okay if I used broth instead? I have a stuffing recipe that calls for Chicken stock but I bought Chicken broth?
Broth will work fine


I always substitute broth for stock and have never had a problem..they are both liquid


If you check the back of the broth box you will see it is made with chicken stockI have a stuffing recipe that calls for Chicken stock but I bought Chicken broth?
There is a difference between stock and broth - the flavors!





Stock is generally blander and you spice it up for your recipe. Broth is already 'flavored', in compassison.





For your recipe, you do not have to worry because it will actually make it taste even better.





Enjoy!





Steve
Yes, it will be fine to use your chicken broth. If you have any drippings from your chicken you can count as part of your 7 cups.
Using broth will be fine. I didn't think about a difference, but I would now think a broth would be more intense.


Just watch the salt content.
Is it the 33% less salt?





Either way you'll be fine just do not add any salt to the recipe.
yes your substitution will be fine. no worries!
  • matte lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment