Monday, August 23, 2010

Thai recipe calls for marinating chicken but no liquid is listed?

I am preparing Gai Yang Esan for our foriegn exchange student. The recipe calls for marinating the chicken in the ingredients listed. But they are all dry ingredients. Do I just rub the chicken in the ingredients and then leave them sit together or is there a liquid common to Thai cooking that I am unaware of. I am new to Thai cooking and I am using a fairly advanced cookbook. Our student is a little home sick so I want this right.Thai recipe calls for marinating chicken but no liquid is listed?
Rub it into the chicken and put it in a ziploc bag and leave it in the fridge overnight. The liquid from the chicken will come out and create the marinade after several hours. Give the bag a shake every so often to combine the ingredients. If you do this the day before you are preparing it then it will turn out perfect!Thai recipe calls for marinating chicken but no liquid is listed?
Rub the chicken with the spices. I'd say put it in a Ziploc bag for a while. It should marinate just fine :)
it is a dry rub put chiken in the bag and let sit for an hour or soo so it obsorbs the flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment